Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 3" compression formed shell
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted
I read that Winchester made a 3" compression formed shell... one piece hull and base.... and I was wondering if the shells are still available. I would really like to try some, but I cannot find any sold as componenets, and I don't know if the Factory loads still use this type of hull.

The hull was listed in the Lyman Shotshell Handloading manual, 3rd Edition.... I understand that they are producing a 5th Edition at this time.

Any info would be appreciated

Mike

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

1955, Top tax rate, 92%... unemployment, 4%.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."
by My Great Grandfather, 1960

Protection for Monsanto is Persecution of Farmers.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
I don't think Winchester has produced any 3" CF hulls in 8 - 10 years , maybe more

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnch:
I don't think Winchester has produced any 3" CF hulls in 8 - 10 years , maybe more

Johnch

Thank you johnch, I suspected that Winchester has sent the compression formed shell into the "remember when...." catagory. I guess too many people have enjoyed reloading them for too long.

I wonder if anyone might start manufacturing the compression formed shells again?

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

1955, Top tax rate, 92%... unemployment, 4%.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."
by My Great Grandfather, 1960

Protection for Monsanto is Persecution of Farmers.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote