New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powder bushing chart
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I seem to have lost my chart that shows the grains of powder for the various powder bushings. This happens to be a Pacific 155, but I think Hornady and some others are the same.

If anybody has one they could scan and email me it would sure be appreciated.

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 438 | Location: California | Registered: 01 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's what I needed, thanks a bunch

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I would only use that chart as a baseline; you'll always want to measure your actual powder drops and make your own chart. MEC's chart is significantly different than what their bushings actually throw.

Posts: 24 | Location: Round Rock, TX | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigric:

MEC's chart is significantly different than what their bushings actually throw.

I know that the single stage MEC presses throw heavier powder charges than what the charts say, and the progressive presses tend to throw lighter ones.

"How's that whole 'hopey-changey' thing working out for ya?"

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With a MEC 650 I weighed all of the bushing charges with the powders I was using to get the exact load I wanted.When I switched to a Pacific DL 366 I made a chart of the bushings and powder weights since I was loading Win 540 doing a lot of meat and money shoots with 1 1/8oz of 4's,5's',6's & 7 1/2's in Win AA cases and for backup 1 1/4oz loads with the same shot sizes.