New
Find
Notify
Tools

8 Gauge Reloading tools
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know where I can get any 8 gauge reloading tools??????

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rocky Mountain Cartridge for machined brass shells, and hand loading tool sets.

CH4D also make die sets for the brass shells, but they need a big press - the RCBS Ammomaster is mentioned.

Using the industrial 8 bore shells would need a custom swaging die, to swage down the belt in front of the rim. Edit: CH4D can make those.

Wads - Ballistic Products or Precision Reloading. Both of these also sell the industrial hulls.

Ballistic Products also usually stock a reference book, "4 and 8 Bore Shotguns and Loads" by Tom Armbrust.

It's also mentioned around the web, that he has had 8ga die sets made to fit a MEC reloader.

He has an articles website at http://www.armbrust.acf2.org/

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In our 12ga FH work we found this--
If you get 8ga industrial cases (45-70 cents ea), a
swage die only, even with our hairy loads,
they can be shot 4-5 times with no sizing.
No other dies or a press needed. Just a roll crimper
for drill press, wads, cards, slugs, all from BPI
and/or Precision Reloading.Ed

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact John Millar, PO Box 65, Danville, WA 99121. (He lives in Canada I believe) Telephone 250-442-5616. In 2008 he made me 2 die head sizer for 1 &1/4" threaded for a press such as the RCBS press to size the band on the 8 guage hulls. Cost at the time $ 190.00. Also made Mec 8 ga. retooling set for my Mec 600 Jr. approx. cost $ 300.00. Ordered July 2008 delivered Feb 2009.
His work I found to be top quality.
Jim

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bowen475:
Anyone know where I can get any 8 gauge reloading tools??????

Check out this website - www.ballisticproducts.com. Give them a call and ask. If they're out there, Ballistic Products will probably know about it.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote