Find
Notify
Tools

GOOD TO GO!!!!!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted
God in is heaven must love me, miracles really do happen and I must have done something right somewhere along the line because in just two days, I’ve gone from needing 6 export documents from various Government bodies to having ALL of them issued AND delivered into my clammy little mitt!

Which means that I now have ALL the documents required to get the EU import permit for my Jeep and all the required paperwork to export it from RSA.

So, (God willing!) it looks like my baby is good to go!

Can’t express how big a smile that puts on my boat race! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
your smiling and Luan is crying. Mom's just cussing animal

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Luan doesn't know yet but you're dead right about Mama cussing like billy-O. animal

I'll call Luan tomorrow and let him know...... and joking aside for a moment, I'm sure he'll be deeeeelighted for me! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ya, I'm sure he would love the old truck but he also knows what it means to you.MORE GRIEF FROM MOM animal

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve

Congratulations im really happy for you and hope the jeep bring fun for you.

ddrhook ya im crying but thats life.

Im wondering if i must phone customs and maybe saying something about rhino horns and a jep leaving africa and a certain old ph with a smile.

Luan

Posts: 261 | Location: Lydenburg | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Luan,

I've still got to get the Portuguese import permit but assuming they only want the docs they mentioned in their email then it should be just a matter of getting to the high commission and spending an hour or two there shuffling paperwork.

Things are looking good now though! Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
At least over there, there are not over many mean thorned acacias to scratch the little paint work. Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I flew to Johannesburg to get the Portuguese import permit today which was the last thing that could have caused a problem..... I'm used to 'African effeciency levels' and was astounded to find myself in and out of the embassy in about 40 minutes.

Service, helpfulness and politeness couldn't have been better and they were delighted we were moving our home and businesses to their country.

Such an incredible difference when compared to getting anything at all done here in Africa!

I appreciate people say the Portuguese bureaucratic process is slow over there but if it's even 1% of the service I got today, it's a million times better than the South African equivalent!

Also met up with Aubs at the airport and had a great time! beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i bet your feet are sore from doing the ugly dance since you got the paperwork completed??? animal

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
The soles of my feet are red raw my friend but they'll be even worse on the day I collect my baby in Lisbon! Smiler