New
Find
Notify
Tools

Porsche914
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am leaving for RSA on Wednesday. This will probably be my last safari as health and finances will not allow another one. I will seriously market the 914 when I return. One Spring my child bride and decided to go look at the blue bonnets in the Texas Hill Country.we were headed towards Marble Falls on a glorious sunny day. FM 1431 becomes very windy and twisty as you get towards Marble Falls. The top was off and I was enjoying driving the Porsche as it should be driven. We came around a corner and there was DPS . He immediately hit his. Lights and I am thinking "oh piffle", how much will this cost me? The trooper came up and I gave him my license and proof of insurance. He asked if there was a reason that I was going that fast. I told him no, it was a beautiful day, I am driving a Porsche and I got carried away. I have no excuse. He walks back to his car ,comes back and says "I am going to give you a warning, but please slow down." I thanked him profusely and asked how fast did you clock me? He responded 95 and please slow down. This was in a 55 zone. Sometimes DPS can be human and forgiving of an old man having fun. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
make the most of this one...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Have a good trip Jerry.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5113 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

Every now and then one gets the opportunity to drive a Porsche the way Dr. Porsche intended. Those who haven't are missing a great experience.

We live in Northern Michigan and there are a lot of two lanes thru the woods. Every now and then... When I do so I'm almost always by myself. Her Loveliness has appointed herself my personal rev-limiter. Lots of feminine screeching, "Richard, slow down."

I dearly love my 944, There's a thread here on same. It doubles as my rifle match car. I can get all my shooting equipment in the back. As long as I can get in it and have enough coordination to drive it properly it ain't going nowhere.

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote