New
Find
Notify
Tools

new Shelby GT 500 650HP/200+mph
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I read this last night and then dreamed I went Elk hunting in a 240sx. Smiler

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you took your shower and put your garments on backwards. It cuts off circulation to your brain...

animal moon

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might be thinking of a 200SER.

This is a 240SX rear suspension.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you think it is going to work with the 650HP motor transplant? I'd opine that that rear end is not much for horsepower...

real cars have V-8's and 300 HP minimum, with the singular exception of Porsches.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho
You are so full of shit...
You would not know a real car if it ran over you. A real car is only required to be fun.

Your original question was mistaking the car had FWD.
I opine that if you swap an engine you can also swap a rear end. However a friends 92 240SX did a 165 in a standing mile with the original rear end.... And he had less than $4000 in it.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the wonderful thing about the internet is that you can always voice your opinion. The bad thing is that you can be a combination of PeeWee Herman and Elton John in real life and still come off here like a real man. I think you are there.

The oldest line of shit in the history of western civilization is the "I have this friend that___________ _____________."
Real Fun Cars go fast, stop fast, and go around corners without having to slow down. The best of the breed are convertibles. Perhaps one or two of them have 4-cylinders, and the only 6-cylinders highly regarded usually say Porsche on them. As well, they have analog gauges in them, and a shifter on the floor. My Jaguar will push 165 in a standing mile. I have not had to switch out the rear end yet, or engine, or anything else with the exception of switching CDs from time to time to reflect my tastes in music.

I missed it, what sort of "Real Fun Car" did you say you own and drive?

You are further mistaken in your statement that "A real car is only required to be fun." I saw two each male and female crackhead looking young people in a friggin' 1980's Tercel painted matte lime green (with a roller I think) at the gas station Saturday afternoon on the way home from a gun show. They were staggering out of the store with soft drinks, chips and plenty of body piercings and tattoos, and laughing to beat the band. The Tercel had four of the silly ass donuts they stick in the trunks of cars these days in lieu of a real spare tire for a "homeboy lowering kit." I am sure if I had asked any of them, that was a "Fun Car" as far as they were concerned.

You need to rent a life, if you think 240's are hot, along with your thing about displaying soldiers using flame throwers on other human beings.

regards,

Rich
Jaguar or HD for entertaining drives/rides...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the good news is that you are not responsible for anybody but yourself. That seems to be more than you are up to on a frequent basis. You make sure and PM me your cell phone number so I can make that short drive.

Bring along a signed and notarized release of liability for any bad things that happen to you as a result of following up on your childish post.

You strike me as the type to not want to take responsibility for your actions.

Better yet, why not post that here, so everyone can see.

regards, and best wishes for a safe trip up...

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent. I would call you Rich, but as a Richard you seem like more of a DICK!

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to meeting you.

Rich