One of Us
posted
Check this topic out on you tube.
Pretty cool! Good engineering

This New Engine Will Destroy The Entire EV Industry!"

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea, but the only state that has a couple of hydrogen stations is California.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I personally knew the gentleman, Roger Billings, who developed a hydrogen engine for vehicles way back in the early 70's. He attended and graduated from BYU in engineering. Early on, he and I participated together in Scouting (Order of The Arrow) activities on a regular basis. He developed a prototype vehicle with a hydrogen engine in it that he drove around Provo City. There were a number of local news articles about his hydrogen engine invention. It produced pure water as its byproduct. His patent on the hydrogen engine was, of course, immediately bought up by the big automakers and shelved in favor of gas powered engines and big oil. Had we had that engine in mass production at that time and through today, EVs wouldn't even have been considered. While we're at it, I was also friends with the grandson of genius Philo T. Farnsworth and I met Mr. Farnsworth on a number of occasions. Mr. Farnsworth had a home in West Orem (Utah). He is credited with having developed the television, although like everything else, there are others who would debate the issue and claim the credit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad but true. I've heard that story before.

Posts: 4204 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t hold my breath for hydrogen cars. I got interested in hydrogen fuel cells in the 90’s. I learned a couple of things about hydrogen at that time. It takes more energy to make the hydrogen than it produces. IIRC it was a 20% loss. Storage is also a huge problem because the hydrogen molecules are so small it’s almost impossible to make a leak proof tank. Sold my investments in the fuel cells and never looked back.