THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    Ferrari Or Just An Expensive Italian Corvette???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ferrari Or Just An Expensive Italian Corvette???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Once upon a time Ferrari was on the bleeding edge of technology, design, and style. Today, it looks like they are just following the pack, especially in the design department.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/ne...i-f12tdf-first-look/

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Hmm... Based on what I've seen from them over the last decade or so, I'd say they still are pretty much on the bleeding edge of technology development. Their traction control and dynamics systems are always way ahead of everyone else at the time they're released. Their styling has been up and down over the recent past, from the good (360 Modena, 458, F12) to the bad (599, F430, California).

This F12tdf takes what I consider to be the most beautiful Ferrari in years and turns it into some boy-racer looking toy. A large part of the F12's appeal is the carefully-restrained styling. Everything is subtle. There's one in the parking lot at work in a dark silver from time to time I've ogled and it's just fantastic. It almost doesn't look like a supercar if you glance too fast.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And, there's that howling 12-cylinder engine about three feet in front of your nose...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
And, there's that howling 12-cylinder engine about three feet in front of your nose...

Yep! There IS that!

jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shell - Ferrari commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iItzJc-NHI4

Too politically incorrect for USA consumption, but I love the throaty sound of the first red stallion.

Posts: 316 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardAustin:
Shell - Ferrari commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iItzJc-NHI4

Too politically incorrect for USA consumption, but I love the throaty sound of the first red stallion.

Great commercial Richard.

Haters always gonna hate with Ferrari but that Prancing Horse badge is well earned, regardless of how closely Chevy designed the new Vettes to look like an intermediate design between the 599 and F12. The likeness is skin deep although the C7 IS a great car.

One of my favorite demos of this is, as Rich stated, that howling V12 up front. Without fail, I always get a few requests to rev the engine for admirers. On occasion, I'll oblige a little. The surprised look on their faces tells all. They are expecting to hear that low growl of the Vette's V8 but are instead treated to a high pitched scream reminiscent of F1 engines. It catches them off guard every time. Pretty funny actually.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Just like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikk4Qj7yZPQ

Gotta love that sound. Nothing else comes close.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nowhere near as impressive or the sound of POWER like the chevy V8 with big horse power. Not even close! Very much like a deep tone of a mans - mans voice compared to one that likes other men...squeaky Smiler

the exotic car high pitch does NOTHING for me.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
Nowhere near as impressive or the sound of POWER like the chevy V8 with big horse power. Not even close! Very much like a deep tone of a mans - mans voice compared to one that likes other men...squeaky Smiler

LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L62q-QSm2_A

Like I said, HATERS GONNA HATE!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
many years ago, a car magazine tested the 365 GTB Daytona. They compared the sound of that twelve cylinder engine "at full song..." with its' six Weber two-barrels wide open to the shrieking sound of ripping canvas at an ear-splitting level.

The Aventador has a similar sound, that stirs the soul.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
More High Pitched sounds. Sounds good. V8, V10, and V12. I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvWxhhi0_yk

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Just to keep the haters hating Big Grin

I think this thread should be renamed "Corvette, or just a cheap American made Ferrari"?

jumping jumping jumping jumping

stir

sofa

popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Commercial was shown in America. Some parts were shot in America.

Ex-250 GT owner

Posts: 383 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geee Todd, apparently I hit a nerve or two.

My point was not to bash the hollowed Ferrari name or the owners of the hollowed Ferrari. It was simply to point out the styling cues on the F12tdf look a lot like a Corvette.

But now that I have had a little more time to look at it, it sorta resembles a Nissan 370Z that's been through the SEMA show.

Roll Eyes

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I do see Corvette styling BUT which one would you rather have?

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
FUGLY as shit. Ferrari screwed the pooch on this one- not the first time they fucked up the 12s.

As far as exhaust notes is concerned, I am not a fan of any of the modern Italian V 12s at all. The Brits do a better job of tuning the exhaust in a 12. You need a big car for big 12s, which to me translates into a gentleman's GT........ which needs a deep throated growl. I even like the note of the F Type even though only an 8. Not as nice as Tubis in my little red car, but a nice exhaust.

Just got back from Austin. The vintage F1 cars sound absolutely fantastic. More impressive though is you can feel them down the straights, unlike the modern hybrids, which sound like shit.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1429 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:

+1

Posts: 282 | Location: Foothills of the Rocky's | Registered: 04 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Re: The Shell-Ferrari commercial... I can't believe anybody would have the balls to actually drive one of those things.

I'd really love to try it but only under my terms... like slowly work up to speed after one got comfortable in the car.

A nice thing to fantacize about but it could never happen...

A. No one is crazy enough to lend me a car and a track for a day.

B. At 6'2" and 200 lbs. (Nowadays) I wouldn't fit in the car anyway.

I'm getting old... Gimme a GT car that's comfortable.

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote