New
Find
Notify
Tools

267 mph car
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dam

Posts: 583 | Location: keene, ky | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that is over 100MPH faster than I have gone on a motorcycle.
In a car, that costs 1.6 million pounds(2.49 million USD).

so for 385 times the cost of my motorcycle, they were able to go 1.72 times as fast.

yea, I just figured out how to use a calculator.

very freaking cool.

would like to know what the car weighed. then we could compare power to weight.

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine went 225 on his turbo Hyabusa down in Goliad. Cracked a head at 14 lbs of boost, was going to go up to 20 Lbs. Lots cheaper!!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
A buddy of mine went 225 on his turbo Hyabusa down in Goliad. Cracked a head at 14 lbs of boost, was going to go up to 20 Lbs. Lots cheaper!!

Death on two wheels...... shocker

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great jumpin jehosephat! Thats fast!

I managed 122 with 42lbs of boost and only 470hp, but I am limited to 3500RPM...supposedly.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
This kid has a 10 second street vette also. I dont know how he can ride that bike with cojones that big! They have this running mile event down in Goliad on an old airfield, I think he is going again this year to try it again. Bike made 347 horses at 20 lbs of boost! Scary!!!!!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am most curious about the weight of the cargoing capable of 267. Also what are the RPM specs on the engine=Tq&Hp@

Limit them all to 3500RPM and increase their weight by 5K-6Klbs. Then we'll see stir

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:Limit them all to 3500RPM and increase their weight by 5K-6Klbs. Then we'll see stir

I would ask why? Confused

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
1200 F'n Horsepower, and you ask why? Really??!!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
1200 F'n Horsepower, and you ask why? Really??!!

I'm asking why the 3,500 rpm limit and weight increase you stated. You lost me there and I was simply asking for a clarification. That's why. Really.

Semper Fidelis

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
drewhenrytnt -- just noticed your TDR Cummins signature line and now the rpm limitation and weight addition are clear to me....... Big Grin

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the troll in my Sasquatch nature comes out and I just can't help myself. Holy crap, if I made 1200hp at 2900rpm can you imagine the torque?~!!

I would still like to see the the power specs on the Boooooogoti!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
They are refered to here as donorcycles

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1237 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
Sometimes the troll in my Sasquatch nature comes out and I just can't help myself. Holy crap, if I made 1200hp at 2900rpm can you imagine the torque?~!!

I would still like to see the the power specs on the Boooooogoti!

For about $8000 you can get 1010 hp and 1300 ft lbs of torque from your Cummins. Boost is in the 85 psi range. Twin fuel injectors to keep up with the volume.

Stock from Bugatti the engine makes between 1000 and 1100 HP. The real irony is VW builds the 16 cyl motor for Bugatti. When you buy on it is de-rated to 750 hp for a few months of familiarzation. Then you come back to Bugatti and take a course in high performance driving. Then they tune it back up to 1000 hp.

I forget the torque but I don't think it was over 600 ft lbs.

I do remember that if you filled the 30 gallon tank to the tippy-top and made a flat out wide open run, you would run out of fuel in 22 minutes.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They claim it's the fastest production car...bullshit...it is a handmade car over a million dollars in cost...hardly a production car in anyones book. It would be interesting to see just how many they make and sell. Like others in this class....2 or 3 in a year if they are lucky. Thats a production car?

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Woodrow, but B-S on you! The opposite of "production" is "custom". It has nothing to do with how many are made. I suspect that very few will be made, but then the name "Bugatti" has no equal on the American continent. It has, as they said on the video, windshield wipers and a CD player though!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Peter, it IS a handmade car and it most certainly is not a production car...windshield wipers or not. Not all Bugatti's are handmade one by one BUT this one is and so will the few others that will be made....and it is a hell of a lot closer to a custom than it is even a limited production model. Just a play on words dude...handmade ain't production. Ever watch one being made? I did! They are only labeling it "production" so they can list it as the "fastest production model in the world". My last issue of Vette magazine features a 1690 HP twin turbo C6 done over top to bottom (that can be spun to over 2000hp) that would kick the crap out of this Bugatti....but this vette is a "custom" so they would cry foul...HAHAHA! Remember, the ZRI vette only pushes 628hp and still does 205mph. Just think about that 1690hp plus and it won't need a 5 mile stretch to do it either.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
If you want to get around the track in a hurry try a Nissan GT-R...ooff

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hear you about the GT-R! Just watching a run off between a Porsche 997 and a GT-R on the Speed channel. GT-R won!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote