THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    Just had the2-wheel ride(s) of my life...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just had the2-wheel ride(s) of my life...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR4759:

I think you were the same guy condemning suicide on another thread. You meed to resolve some contradictory thought processes.

Not really. There's a HUGE difference in living life to the fullest and ending it all early...

There's an old saying that I fully believe; "The saddest words of mice and men, are these four words, It Might Have Been..."

I want to leave this world with as few regrets as I can. And if having a motorcycle and enjoying it means I leave a little early, then I'd rather do that than lie in a hospital or hospice wondering....

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SR,

I AM against suicide, planned or otherwise. You perhaps misread or mis-interpreted my addiction to speed.

Hunting dangerous game, operating fast cars or motorcycles, shooting big bore rifles. It's all a part of wanting to control the uncontrollable. It takes more skill and courage to shoot big bore rifles accurately, to pilot a fast road vehicle under demanding circumstances, or to hunt DG. The challenge/danger aspect is why we do all of those things. You tell someone you can group your 223 under two inches at a hundred yards offhand, they say "Cool!". You say you can do that with my 505 Gibbs, they take their hats off to you, and name a street in your honor. If you show them. You turn the quarter in the 'nines on a bike or in a car, and they say "Wow!". You bust a Cape Buffalo, Elephant, or Lion at ten feet in full charge; and they want you to run for president. You have shown the ability to face danger and triumph. As the young folks say "You are the Man!".
This ain't about dying, it's about living to the fullest and challenging yourself to improve your skills.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
Rich, I completely understand. I have been around bikes and cars for most of my adult life.
I have worked Daytona as a "pit bitch"90-2002 just to be around the cool stuff. I owned an ex b team(Camel/Two Brothers RC-30, 92 with all factory upgrades....ON THE STREET) V fours light my giggle meter. I have followed Aprilia since the debut of the RSVR. They coulda been past the Ducati with a little money. Now, Great product, piss poor dealer support. The S bike is supposed to be all you claim!

I then crewed for BMW out of Spartanburg...

Point being, I get it and am grinning with you, just be as prudent and safe as possible....

CW

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

Posts: 332 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do want to go to Heaven when I die, I'm just not quite ready to book my flight. jumping

Someday we'll all get old and have nothing left but fond memories. I am stacking them up.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
About 5 years ago hopped on jet and flew to Kentucky. Walked into the dealership and picked up my new Goldwing. 7 days and 4,600 miles later I was home in Alaska. Just me, some clothes, and a mp3 player connected to the stereo. Best ride of my life.
The ladies thought I was nuts, Guys would give me the thumbs up. If I have to explain it to someone then they will never get itSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's way too much bike for you and any sub-pro level rider as is the HP2 and realistically the K1300. You need one of those new 1600 six bangers Rich. Besides, how does a 8'-15" Wookie ride a baby bike like the 1000RR. I'm 5'-11 and 170 lbs and the thing is too small for me.

Wink

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
have them adjust the rearsets.

Think of it as the two-wheeled equivalent of your 2-bore stuff.

Rich

old

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
Rich, you're too old. Me too. Make it a V-Twin cruiser.

Sad thing is, at my age I'm more curious to see the tractor.

Posts: 15867 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NOPE!

Not unless you get Saeed to authorize a farm implements forum. Good Luck!

Rich

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
wymple: Sad thing is, at my age I'm more curious to see the tractor.

I've almost killed myself more times on that tractor than the bike.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
Rich, you're too old. Me too. Make it a V-Twin cruiser.

Looks like my bide...I love it....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote