Find
Notify
Tools

New Landcruiser
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Test drove a new Land Cruiser this morning. It was a dealer demo and they had knocked $20,000 off of it.

Finest 4x4 I have ever put my toe in. What a wonderful vehicle to drive.

I can't stomach the $58,000 they want for it. But it was wonderful enough that I did calculate the payments over 84 months.

I am going to try and find one a bit more used than this one was.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you find a deal on one with a "blown" engine
a 12 valve diesel Cummins will fit in. My son just did that. It is unbelievable.

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am searching for a replacement for the wife's car. If money were no option, we'd own two of these and a truck. Everything about it is awesome.

We have 3 kids at home. It is damn near perfect.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$58K for a 2015 is a steal even with a lot of demo miles on the clock. I can't imagine that one would stay around for long.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had 20,000 miles on it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
20,000 and a demo? Sounds more like a used car. Better research it on Kelly Blue book or Edmunds.

www.kbb.com

http://www.edmunds.com/

Will they give you an extended warranty for free with it?

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has never been titled. The California Toyota rep drove it for 17,000 miles and our local owner bought it and has drove it for antoher 3000.

I am not going to buy it, my kids would puke, pee and spill bottles in it and it would be worth $8000 in a week.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's why God invented the single cab pick up truck.

tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
78k for a Toyota LC...you wanna share what you're smoking?

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
78k for a Toyota LC...you wanna share what you're smoking?

Woodrow, have you driven one of the new ones?

Makes any make and any model of comparable sized 4x4 look like it was made by the Afghanistan Engineering Race team.

I personally can't afford a $50-80,000 SUV, but if I could we'd have two of them and a Dodge 3500 Crew cab for hauling stuff.

The best thing about it is it doesn't look like a wanna be gangstermobile or soccer mom wagon.

Throw a snorkel, a roofrack and some serious tires on it and is ready for anything. Not many vehicles sold in America that don't say Jeep Wrangler on the side can compare.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Met a Russian chap who had placed in 2013(IIRC) European Off Road Championships.Raced a tricked out Land Cruiser.400hp Diesel made in Lithuania(100k$),beefed up suspension+++.Must have been a screamer!

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MMM
posted Hide Post
I love the Land Cruiser but I like to stay a couple of series behind. I have a very sweet 80-series now. I am starting to look around for a good 100-series. I will let someone else care for my future 200-series for the next 5-6 years. Just take good care of it!

Posts: 172 | Location: north MS | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote