New
Find
Notify
Tools

Isle of Man TT?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Saw a post on Royal Enfield Motorcycles so I thought I would post this here. Perhaps the greatest road race in the world. A good friend of mine lives there and he and his wife are marshals. Watch some footage on YouTube!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I went to the TT a few times in my youth and it's a fantastic experience. FWIW, they also have (or had then) the classic TT more or less immediately afterwards.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is a classic and good to see that the PC / OH&S crowd have not manage to can it yet.

Not often you see a race allowed where still a fair chance of injury or death but the responsibility is on your head.

I do believe they now have a minimum level of experience before you are allowed to compete but I believe this is actually for the better.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they still have 'Mad Sunday' where they open the course to the public.......

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes they do! For all the "yanks" who don't know about the Isle of Man TT (Tourist Trophy) here is an Aussie look at it, enjoy. There are other DVD's available.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunda...rottle-at-the-isleof

Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JOEY DUNLOP...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dp you think they would let me compete aboard my HD Fat Boy?

that would be the story of the race...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IHS, I doubt it. they go at 10 second intervals and you would probably get some good folks killed. They get up to 180mph! Did you take the link I posted? Take a look and see. You can of course always go out the week before the race when they close the roads but the public can "try their hand" so to speak.
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
inbred trailer trash rears it's ugly head again...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Idaho Sheepshiner Dr FUBAR--You can find your meds in that broken down clothes dryer you are using for a cabinet there in your trailer. You dont have to raise your ugly head, just take your meds.

Come on, give it a rest and stop fouling up the man's thread with this rubbish.

thumbdown

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always thought the old tape/DVD of Joey lapping at speed, shot from his motorcycle, was one of the most frightening things I ever watched in a movie.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
In 1960 when I moved to California I met a lawyer who turned into a friend. It was the beginning of the advent of the stereo player and I built stereos as more or less a hobby as all the parts and kits were available and reasonably priced. This attorney had some of the best equipment I have ever heard. He also had a super tape he had made of the Isle of Mann TT. It gave me a love of British bikes I still have. After hearing that tape several times I just had to go out and buy a Triumph Bonneville. It's a terrible race.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote