Notify
Tools

Nissan NSX
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone ever own one? Any comments?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes, fast, easy to drive, inexpensive to maintain, in its time a great car, and a better choice financially than a ferrari 355, also was very reliable wich the 355 never was....

only problem was driving it in the rain, was a very hard car to drive in the rain with the factory tires.

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Patricia thanks for the response. My bucket list has a Jag XK8 on it but I was recently thinking about a Nissan NSX! What about luggage room?
Peter
PS. Looks like I was confused. It is the Acura NSX and the Nissan GTR!

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

get the XK-8 convertible! Young women find me irrestible sitting in mine with the engine running...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that said, when I shut it off and emerge, reality takes over...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you show a picture and specs of what car your talking about?

Seems the Nissan NSK might be a small jap sport car?

To be frank, after owning Corvettes, Porsche and muscle cars I see no pride in a nissan car.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
NSX in front of Mustang

NSX going away

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For the money, there is nothing close to a Corvette and that damn sure includes the NSX.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
For the money, there is nothing close to a Corvette and that damn sure includes the NSX.

I think I'd agree with that. The NSX is a fabulous looking car but like all Japanese cars, somehow souless...... The Corvettes, esp the Skarks have heart and soul in bucketloads.

American cars aren't the be all and end all of classic cars and they might not always be the fastest or best handling but there's something about most of them that make you smile as you slide behind the steering wheel and fire up the engine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Boy, Rich, you have a good memory! Yes the Jag XK8 is still at the top of my (bucket) list, What got me thinking of the NSX was something on Yahoo about how the price of such cars has come down significantly.
Peter.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
but like all Japanese cars, somehow souless

Even the Land Cruisers? Negative my man, theys gots lots o' soul...

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Baxter

I don't mean to sound like I'm knocking the Japanese cars...... They're good, they're reliable and they do the job but I'm afraid I find all of them, even the Landcruisers souless.

Pretty much all the other cars of the world have a certain national style/identity of their own but to me at least, the Japanese vehicles are somehow bland as hell in that respect.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now, Land Rovers, they have soul!!!!
Peter.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Peter.

tu2 in spades! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still trying to save for a BMW Z8. Wife drives a SL63 (it is a machine!) but an automatic.
I got to have a roadster with a long hood and a clutch.
Would not drive it unless the top was down.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Peter.

in spades!

The only spades I see on Land Rovers is the large spade of oil on the driveway, underneath the engines of said Land Rovers... these of course being the petrol versions, maybe you lucky stiff who get diesels have other experiences!

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Baxter,

That's not oil leaks...... that's the Landies marking their territories! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When did Nissan ever make the HONDA ACURA NSX ??

Posts: 15867 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
When did Nissan ever make the HONDA ACURA NSX ??

Try the 3rd post...

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, missed that.

Posts: 15867 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote