Nissan NSX

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9671006931/m/7531004061

07 August 2011, 23:18
Peter
Nissan NSX
Anyone ever own one? Any comments?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;
08 August 2011, 11:17
Patricio Gaudiano
yes, fast, easy to drive, inexpensive to maintain, in its time a great car, and a better choice financially than a ferrari 355, also was very reliable wich the 355 never was....

only problem was driving it in the rain, was a very hard car to drive in the rain with the factory tires.
08 August 2011, 16:58
Peter
Patricia thanks for the response. My bucket list has a Jag XK8 on it but I was recently thinking about a Nissan NSX! What about luggage room?
Peter
PS. Looks like I was confused. It is the Acura NSX and the Nissan GTR!

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;
25 August 2011, 01:14
Idaho Sharpshooter
Peter,

get the XK-8 convertible! Young women find me irrestible sitting in mine with the engine running...
25 August 2011, 01:14
Idaho Sharpshooter
that said, when I shut it off and emerge, reality takes over...
25 August 2011, 01:24
Conservative Rifleman
Can you show a picture and specs of what car your talking about?

Seems the Nissan NSK might be a small jap sport car?

To be frank, after owning Corvettes, Porsche and muscle cars I see no pride in a nissan car.

25 August 2011, 06:52
SR4759
NSX in front of Mustang

NSX going away

25 August 2011, 08:26
Gatogordo
For the money, there is nothing close to a Corvette and that damn sure includes the NSX.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
25 August 2011, 20:05
shakari
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
For the money, there is nothing close to a Corvette and that damn sure includes the NSX.

I think I'd agree with that. The NSX is a fabulous looking car but like all Japanese cars, somehow souless...... The Corvettes, esp the Skarks have heart and soul in bucketloads.

American cars aren't the be all and end all of classic cars and they might not always be the fastest or best handling but there's something about most of them that make you smile as you slide behind the steering wheel and fire up the engine.

25 August 2011, 21:20
Peter
Boy, Rich, you have a good memory! Yes the Jag XK8 is still at the top of my (bucket) list, What got me thinking of the NSX was something on Yahoo about how the price of such cars has come down significantly.
Peter.

26 August 2011, 11:58
BaxterB
quote:
but like all Japanese cars, somehow souless

Even the Land Cruisers? Negative my man, theys gots lots o' soul...
26 August 2011, 16:04
shakari
Baxter

I don't mean to sound like I'm knocking the Japanese cars...... They're good, they're reliable and they do the job but I'm afraid I find all of them, even the Landcruisers souless.

Pretty much all the other cars of the world have a certain national style/identity of their own but to me at least, the Japanese vehicles are somehow bland as hell in that respect.

26 August 2011, 19:01
Peter
Now, Land Rovers, they have soul!!!!
Peter.

26 August 2011, 20:01
shakari
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Peter.

tu2 in spades! tu2

26 August 2011, 20:19
eezridr
Still trying to save for a BMW Z8. Wife drives a SL63 (it is a machine!) but an automatic.
I got to have a roadster with a long hood and a clutch.
Would not drive it unless the top was down.
27 August 2011, 00:13
BaxterB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Peter.

in spades!

The only spades I see on Land Rovers is the large spade of oil on the driveway, underneath the engines of said Land Rovers... these of course being the petrol versions, maybe you lucky stiff who get diesels have other experiences!
27 August 2011, 00:52
shakari
Baxter,

That's not oil leaks...... that's the Landies marking their territories! rotflmo

27 August 2011, 08:18
wymple
When did Nissan ever make the HONDA ACURA NSX ??
27 August 2011, 10:27
SR4759
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
When did Nissan ever make the HONDA ACURA NSX ??

Try the 3rd post...
28 August 2011, 08:00
wymple
Yup, missed that.