Tools

2015 Zo6 - impressive numbers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this month's issue of DuPont Registry has a blue one on the cover and a two-page spread.

Finally a Corvette that can play with the big boys...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome car - probably worlds best sport car for the buck.

Has a longer wait list than a Telsa Model S and well worth it.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 2011 2SS Camaro withe the Edlebrock Supercharger, American Racing long tube headers,High flow cats, Corsa Ehaust that makes 517HP and 500 ft,lbs of torque to the grouund. Very streetable and gets 26-28 miles per gallon on the highway. Tuned by Mike Norris ( Dr. Corvette)a blast to drive and loads of fun with alot of the Super Cars.. Just sayin..

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 19 April 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The butt end of this Corvette is butt ugly.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooksey:
I have a 2011 2SS Camaro withe the Edlebrock Supercharger, American Racing long tube headers,High flow cats, Corsa Ehaust that makes 517HP and 500 ft,lbs of torque to the grouund. Very streetable and gets 26-28 miles per gallon on the highway. Tuned by Mike Norris ( Dr. Corvette)a blast to drive and loads of fun with alot of the Super Cars.. Just sayin..

Always wanted to know what "just sayin" means.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Dodge has one-upped everyone on shear horsepower with the 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat. 707 hp blown 6.2 Hemi. NHRA certified 11.3/125 mph on factory tires and 10.8/126 126 mph on slicks.

That said, it's probably a straight line vehicle, not a road racer like the 'Vette.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plus it is a lot heavier than the vette..thus the extra horses it does have are not nearly enough to make it an equal..on power alone. Handling is a whole other story. Apple and oranges.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JuST Sayin you don't have to spend mega bucks to have great performance.

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 19 April 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
3130 isn't exactly light, either. The Dodge is 3480. But you can take all three girlfriends out at once, not possible in the 'Vette. Wink

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But the cute girl you pick up in a Vette far exceeds the 3 ugly ones going for the guy in a Dodge SRT Smiler

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that is one of the selling points of my XK-8 convertible.

A much better looking car than the vette, and room for three gorgeous women. Ha!!

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooksey:
JuST Sayin you don't have to spend mega bucks to have great performance.

Buy a new Camaro, add a SC and headers and a tune and you are into about another $10K and granted you have a car that can do well in a straight line but it still will not handle as well as a base model C6 Corvette. In 2013 you could buy a base C6 for under $40K from one of the larger dealers as they were being heavily discounted.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
But the cute girl you pick up in a Vette far exceeds the 3 ugly ones going for the guy in a Dodge SRT Smiler

Now THAT is funny!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine also has a Hotchkiss race suspension. Handles very well. Sits a little too low and is a little rough on bad roads but corners like it is on rails.