Find
Notify
Tools

Goodbye to '06 GTO...ouch!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted
I have posted a couple of times in my interest to sell my '06 Pontiac GTO, however that opportunity is (I believe) gone. I was rear ended by a girl that wasn't paying attention. The impact was at 50mph which caused substantial damage to the vehicle, myself and hurt my passenger.
I'm still waiting on the final outcome of my GTO. As far as my health, it wounded the one thong that was still good on me and that was my back. Got a long course of physical therapy ahead. I have also lost the feeling in my hands so my ability to work on guns and cars has been compromised.
I know the post I put up had no responses but please disregard any sales posts of my GTO. It's probably headed for the junkyard as far as I can tell. Thanks.

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send her a text message that says FU.
I think she knows what really happened.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot of these young people think they are sharp enough to multi-task and the car is no different. I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't texting behind the wheel. I know I am an old geezer but I won't talk on the phone in traffic.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1189 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
I suspect that texting was the problem here, however I can't say for sure. But, it's a bright red car that's big and was extremely loud. All I remember is looking in the rearview mirror, thinking I hope they stop. I look back again and they were still barreling towards the car. I started yelling explicits and nailed the throttle, which unfortunately only allowed me to do a burnout. The girl slammed her brakes maybe 10 feet before the crash which I was able to keep control of the vehicle. Can't believe it actually happened but than again these young kids make the road downright dangerous. I've owned that car for 4 years, raced it a few times and include the fact that it's obscenely powerful, I've never once had an accident, speeding ticket or anything. Now it's crunched up and I really don't want it anymore, even moreso now because I'm unsure whether that body shop knows what they are doing.

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote