New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford 2017 GT
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
send me his phone number and name. My buddy could use a man like that. This one is out of warranty.

Took the Jag to lunch again today. Funny thing, it's started two days in a row now...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pm your buddy's email and phone number. Do you keep your wrecker drivers phone number handy?

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No offense, but perhaps you might better reconsider messing with me about my Jaguar in the future.

I really like the car, and it has been very dependable. I've taken it to SCI Reno,three or four times, 400+ miles one way, in a day and back in one. The same to Las Vegas, 750+/- miles in a day. I've also driven it back to the St Louis area in Illinois to visit family six times in two days each time. Twice over 1200 miles in a day to visit with a friend in SE Kansas or returning home. It is a fantastic road car, especially in good weather when I can put the top down and enjoy it.

When you do have some sort of comment, it is always negative, and my response seems to offend you.

I did call my friend, and he is going to go to the US corporate HQ and talk to them in CAL.

I have always figured that if someone starts a critical post, one should not be inclined to take the response in a negative manner or get one's feelings hurt.

So, just be happy with your choice of vehicles, and don't feel the need to denigrate anyone else's choice. We drive, happy to do so, in the car make and model we choose, if we can afford it.

I can, and I do.

take care, and do let's get a long...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kinda like a lot of your posts. I'm not surprised. I only have one other brand of car that I don't care for and it is a Volvo. It ain't you rich for the most part, but I don't care for them.
I have worked on 1 or 10 of them. Family and friends were unfortunate enough to own them. I'm happy that you are happy with yours.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must just be very lucky. Jaguar benefited greatly from being purchased by Ford in the early (iirc) eighties. Then, Tata (India version of Bill Gates X10) purchased them and has put two billion dollars into the R&D department. The new (post-198) ones have a very good reliability record. I have a Harley too, and it always starts and runs and takes me places and back home again. The 120 (cid)R motor is wonderful, double the HP and torque of the stocker. There is one downside however, it tends to wear rear tires out rather quickly.

Live well,

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
3.5 litre eco-boost powerplant? That reads a lot like the XJ-220, and we all know how that ended up...

One of Us
Picture of Angus Morrison
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
Should have turbo'd a 5.2 liter Coyote…It will be something to see none the less.

Indeed it should be the Voodoo with forced induction, not a bloody V6.

Beautiful lines however.

Posts: 534 | Location: Northern British Columbia | Registered: 06 June 2015Reply With Quote