New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford 2017 GT
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Do some research on your lap top and find Ford's new GT which is supposed to be a 2017 model.
One bad ass looking car.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6605 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Yes I seen that release a week or so ago. Love the looks. Have been looking for a decent prices 05-06 Ford GT for a long time. Wish i would have bought one new. However I doubt this one will be priced anywhere close to what they were in 05-06. My guess is it is going to stomp any supercar that is not a hybrid dual fuel car.

Mac

Posts: 1726 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Saw the NAIS release of the concept of this, and it's gonna be an ass-kicker for sure. The previous GT gave the Ferrari F430 a serious challenge and beat it in some performance categories. I'm really glad they used the Ecoboost technology for a performance application. This will really show everyone what that engine's capable of.

Hey, I still think the previous GT's (both of them!) are incredible cars that have stood the test of time. They still look great after 10 and 50 years!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should have turbo'd a 5.2 liter Coyote…It will be something to see none the less.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clayman:
Saw the NAIS release of the concept of this, and it's gonna be an ass-kicker for sure. The previous GT gave the Ferrari F430 a serious challenge and beat it in some performance categories.

The vehicle to really watch out for is the up & coming Nissan R36.
The current r35 was made on the premise that it would outperform rival Euro perf.cars that cost twice the price.

..The new R36 will not be held back by such price/consumer market constraint, ...instead, it said Nissan is going
to pull out all stops and go 'hyper' in price & performance....Nissan is working in with the F1-Williams techno team
to develop a top shelf world class weapon,
.... about 300kg lighter than the current r35 and approaching 600kw (vs)the current 440kw 'Nismo' version r35....look Out!.. Eeker

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it is a true japanese car, it will be all electronics and gadgets, and break you in three years after the warranty runs out. If it comes with one.

A friend has a GT-R. The all encompassing computer that runs it fried about a month ago. The dealership thinks they should have the replacement parts in less than six months, and for less than $32K.

Oh, yeah, it is a 2012 model.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
If it is a true japanese car, it will be all electronics and gadgets, and break you in three years after the warranty runs out. If it comes with one.

A friend has a GT-R. The all encompassing computer that runs it fried about a month ago. The dealership thinks they should have the replacement parts in less than six months, and for less than $32K.

Yeah, That being said, it would be preferred over 4 Jag u wers in a trade.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, a much better car. Other than the fact that it has been sitting in the back of the Nissan dealers service bay since late September under a car cover. He had to eat a lot of crow to get me to drive my old convertible over to give him a ride home.

Especially when he used to talk like U about my car. I just made sure I put the top down before I left my garage. 2000 model XK-8 Convertible with 133,xxx miles on it that still starts and runs every day. I'm headed to lunch in it in about an hour. I should call him and see if he wants to join me. It's pushing 50-degrees, and with the heated leather seats turned on I could crank the heater up and put the top down.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:

A friend has a GT-R. The all encompassing computer that runs it fried a couple months ago. The dealership thinks they should have the replacement parts in less than six months, and for less than $32K.

Yeah, That being said, it would be preferred over 4 Jag u wers in a trade.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich,
You are a comedian.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
funny you'd say that...

Did you say you had a Ferrari, or the Lamborghini for your daily driver?

Just got back from lunch. Car is still at Nissan, still no parts, and YES!! we put the top down and turned the heat up and the seat heat on.
Marvelous day, at 43-degrees, for a little open top motoring, as the Brits used to say.

One good thing has come out of this Nissan thing, he has completely stopped telling me his George Lucas jokes...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually drive a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer with 210,000 miles on it. It does have A/C, auto trans, and power windows.
I still wouldn't trade for 4 jag a wers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hah!!

You mean "couldn't".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, your dick is bigger than mine. Isn't that what you wanted?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually the new Ford GT is going to be produced late in 2015 as a 2016 model year vehicle.

I find it fascinating that it is going to be powered by a 600hp version of the 3.5Liter Ecoboost engine..

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
stop it!!! My car is prettier, tough.

The trend seems to be a return to turbos. A necessity due to CAFE requirements I expect. It will be interesting to see if they can cure turbo lag this time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not think turbo lag is a big deal for super cars. I had a eco boost ford truck. Above 2500 RPM there is no real turbo lag. Below that, yes. I do not suspect many racers will have the engine spinning below 2500 RPM often.
I doubt it is the same engine as in my truck. Although 3.5 liters..
Might also want to market it "Super Boost" or Hyper Boost in the Ford GT. Eco Boost in this
car is sort of lame…
I bet closer to 700HP and 600 lb ft of torque after all is said and done.
They have to one up the competition; Ferrari and Maclaren as there is rumor the car will be $400K; same price range as the competition.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
I do not think turbo lag is a big deal for super cars. I had a eco boost ford truck. Above 2500 RPM there is no real turbo lag. Below that, yes. I do not suspect many racers will have the engine spinning below 2500 RPM often.
I doubt it is the same engine as in my truck. Although 3.5 liters..
Might also want to market it "Super Boost" or Hyper Boost in the Ford GT. Eco Boost in this
car is sort of lame…
I bet closer to 700HP and 600 lb ft of torque after all is said and done.
They have to one up the competition; Ferrari and Maclaren as there is rumor the car will be $400K; same price range as the competition.

It ain't a jag e wer and it ain't up to snuff for ol rich.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The trend seems to be a return to turbos.... It will be interesting to see if they can cure turbo lag this time.

Ive seen the recent Turbo McClaren 12c , distinctly leave Ferrari 458s in their wake turbulence.... tu2
the latest 650 being even better than the 12c.....the Turbo lag in the current Mc650 is virtually impercievable.

Well just wait see if the new Ford GT turbo is up to the standards of F1 pedigree house McClaren.
McClaren bought rights to the developments done by TWR on the Nissan RVH35 racing engine, and choose this as the
base to develop a power unit for the 12c, 650 and P1. ...albiet with many changes/further development,with help of the MCT company.

However well the Ford GT does, just keep it mind that the high performance T-V6 eccoboost engine inside , was developed in the UK.
that engine is based on the Duratec V6, which in itself was orig. engineered by Porsche which sold the development to Ford.
and British Cosworth was also involved in the duratecs later development.

I suspect the 7speed D/C trans. in the FordGT, is made by Getrag.
But don't know how good it will be.
Ford and Getrag got together before and had the Mustang transmission made in China.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Kinda fishy! Called the local Nissan distributor and was told if a "computer" was supposedly bad, they would send a technical person to verify it. Then it could be shipped in from Memphis in 3-4 days.