THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    Anyone checking out the Ford SHO as a driver?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone checking out the Ford SHO as a driver?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
At this point, assuming I was in the market for a new or almost new driver, the SHO appeals to me the most on paper.

Sedan sized, stout on-ramp abilities, Ford, and I think I can get it in blue/tan.

What can i compare it with?

Posts: 1646 | Location: Euless, TX | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
What are you talking about?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would suppose, almost anything.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Consider the Chrysler 300C AWD with the Hemi V8.

I have had many cars over the last 60 years. Fords are among my favorites.

Recently I wanted a handy driver that was fun. This 300 sedan combines it's all around utility as a drivers car with pep and some rough weather traction.

A feature I did not anticipate yet enjoy is that the car is quiet at interstate speeds.

A take back is that it's trunk is small. It will take one large deer in it but most of your other stuff goes in the back seat.

It's a handsome car.

"2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A) ... look is great, the handling is great and the power from the 5.7 L Hemi is jaw-dropping." ]Edmunds.

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
serious road car, that...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And they come with AWD.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
My friend always said Chrysler and BMW are lease cars.

That could change my mind.

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I rented a charger and felt the suspension was total trash. It could have benefited from better tires and wheels, and some serious suspension work, and it was roomy inside but ergonomically about as comfy as VW bug. I am admittedly not a chrysler fan but that reinforced it rather than opened up any possibilities.

Nice lines in their sedans though, especially the challenger. I might try a higher end model to give them another chance, I realize a rented dodge is a rented dodge.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. The ISP (State Police) here all drive Chargers, except a few rookies that get the last few Crown Vics. My neighbor is ISP, and he loves his. Spends 8 hours a day in one five days a week, for the last several years.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Chrysler 300C I drive is an outstanding car. It handles very very well and I have owned numerous Corvettes and a new Porsche!

The car rides well, not as well as a Lincoln Town car or a Mercury Grand Marquis but it hauls!

Around town with it's Hemi & AWD it's fun to get off from a light when it's raining (first) Cool

The CD player's sound is so good. The car is quiet inside and we enjoy listening to it. My wife wants Elvis on and it's Blood Sweat and Tears or Sinatra for me!

The five speed auto transmission down-shifts so smoothly and easily on steep downhills.

Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Savage_99:

The car rides well, not as well as a Lincoln Town car or a Mercury Grand Marquis but it hauls!

This would be replacing a marauder so you can see why I would hesitate.

IMO, if I took that charger, put good wheels and tires on it, spent the money to marry the suspension with the weight as well as connect the subframes, and put better seats in front and back, it would have been acceptable. Which is what i assume the 300 does. I'll make you this promise, I'll run out a 300 before i make any final decision.

Slightly used are not too bad on price if they can walk the walk.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine has AWD which may affect the handling and ride. I read that the AWD components on the 2006 300 AWD are Mercedes who owned Chrysler then.

My right forearm hits the console box that's between the front seats even with it's cover up. I have raised the seat up all the way.

I am sitting on two front seat cushions to raise myself up and my forearm still touches.

I am about 6' tall and weigh 172#.

My 300 is fun to drive.