THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    2015 Shelby Super Snake: the big lie...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 Shelby Super Snake: the big lie...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
the newest issue of R&T arrived today.

And the cover car; the much hyped and looked for first ford-owned/developed Shelby "Super Snake".

Ford has obviously been embarrassed over dropping the 5.8 litre 662 HP GT500, and the introduction of the $60,000 707HP Hellcat Challenger.

The answer is here. But it is a fat, whopping lie. The car R&T tested is a $100,000 turd that falls short. FAR short of the hype. The company says 750 HP, oh gosh, make that 850 HP with the 2.9 whipple supercharger at full tilt. The SS turned a 12.3et/116mph quarter. The Hellcat ran a 12.0et/124mph number, which tells me either its' a lot more than the SAE-certified 707HP, or that the SS is mostly tire smoke and marketing hype. Even the 580 HP Camaro is faster thru the quarter. The car has 25 Shelby decals, plaques, and markings. The last BOSS 302 is faster on the road course that R&T tested the SS on.

It is sad, I was hoping that fomoco could actually turn out a challenge (pun intended) to the 600+ pound heavier Dodge Hellcat. Not yet...

That is the news from Detroit...

Rich

PS: I'm being kind, read the entire article and start crying.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All engine and no launch equals a lot of expensive tires.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, need to buy a Jag...

Posts: 1573 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the Jag has a supercharged engine that is rated 552 horsepower. That is not as impressive as the Shelby, but, like the Hellcat's 707 is SAE certified.

But, like the Hellcat, you can go to your local dealer and actually see, and even purchase one if you have the cash.

The ford number(s) are just some marketing dude's wetdream.

I expect there was a sound reason the magazine was not able to run it on a dyno. Some "scheduling conflict" was the lame excuse they used.

I wrote for magazines for about twenty years. Believe me, if Ford wanted to let this car to be tested on a dyno, it would have happened.

This was a "tempest in a teapot, all sound and fury, signifying nothing...".

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For all the "Shelby" hype, the new 4,000 lb Ford couldn't pull the skin off a chocolate pudding. But, the magazine boys sure walked around that one, didn't they?

Unbiased reporting?

Posts: 383 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's called "we desperately need the couple hundred-thou in advertising ford pays us, so, for gosh sake find something positive to say...".

My favorite line was, "tap the brakes very gently to avoid going thru the windshield (paraphased)...".