THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    So many hunting trophies....here's one of mine my 37'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So many hunting trophies....here's one of mine my 37'
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of The Artistry of Wildlife
posted

Posts: 657 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Like everything about ,even the color,but the wheels would have to go.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I grew up in driving in the 70's so I had to have the Cragers, Big Grin The wheels, I Had to buy blanks and have the stud holes custon drilled and had to have custom bolts made and chromed at $15 a piece cha ching, no wheel studs on the drum they are threaded. My money pit for just the wheels tires bolts was over 2K. Big Grin
I gotta smile or I'd cry....lol

Thanks for liking it.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I'm not a purist and believe everyone should do what they want with their classic cars..... and have to say that whilst I can imagine some purists bleating, I actually like that a lot and the more I look at it, the more I like it. tu2

Is it the standard drive train or did you change it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve, It had a 322 flathead v 8 6 volt system in it, I didn't want to deal with that rebuild so I kept the steering original and the suspension and replaced the engine with a early 70's rocket 350 olds and the matching 3 speed auto transmission, cut the original driveshaft to fit, welded the yoke on to fit the new trans, dropped in the engine made some custom engine mounts and a transmission support and a new trans mount in it.

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting...... how does the suspension cope when you get a bit heavy on the right foot?

I also like the fact you haven't taken the bumpers off..... Many would have done but I reckon it looks nicer like that!

Is it flip flop paint?

I reckon those cars have superb lines to start with so you were onto a winner from the day you started. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
great car!!!!!!!

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote