New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toured the Corvette factory
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Couple of days ago the wife and I drove to Bowling Green and toured the Corvette factory. It was pretty amazing and if you are ever close to the plant should consider it.
$10 a ticket and you must book in advance. The drive up and back on the back roads of Tennessee and Kentucky has some gorgeous scenery. Toss in a great lunch with the best club sandwich I ever ate and it was a day well spent.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe, Got Pics?
I always wanted to go there. One day.
Love the Corvettes.

Posts: 1071 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend just dropped by this morning with his 74 to show me things he'd done to it recently. Looks like it just rolled out of the factory. Nice toy!

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nvmichael:
Snowwolfe, Got Pics?
I always wanted to go there. One day.
Love the Corvettes.

Security is pretty tight, no cameras, cell phones, or other electronic devices are allowed in the factory.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In Viet Nam days I toured the Huey production line . Made them just like cars and just as fast !!

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Security is pretty tight, no cameras, cell phones, or other electronic devices are allowed in the factory.[/QUOTE]

They'er keeping that mid engine under wraps.
Can't wait!

Posts: 1071 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never been to the factory but have been to the museum a couple of times. Very interesting and even wifey enjoyed it. She liked the nursery section.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it true the sporty Cadillacs are made at that plant alongside the Vettes?

Posts: 30 | Location: Sandy Lake, PA | Registered: 27 October 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have to say no, I never saw a sign or anything to that being true.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lot of rumors circulating. Some claim the huge remodeling will include space to build the next mid engine Corvette. Others claim a mid engine Cadillac will be built there as well. Only thing certain is the upgrade includes a new paint production facility for the Corvette.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was talking to a guy today about the museum and when another fellow overheard us. He told us the engine on the new vettes were blowing up. I guess he was a ford guy and wanted to argue.