Tools

Wow!!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted

One of Us
posted Hide Post
…and they're all British! Think of all the oil dripped on the floor.

Posts: 382 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by poprivit:
…and they're all British! Think of all the oil dripped on the floor.

I was waiting for someone to say that! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a collection.

An SS1, C-Type, D-Type, XKSS, Xk120, 140's, 150's, XKE ....

I am seriously in lust.

Thanks for posting.

And if you can afford those, you can afford a few drip trays Big Grin

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
There can't be many people in the world that could afford to buy the entire collection & even fewer that'd want to but wouldn't it be great to see the whole lot stay together as one collection........ and equally great to see the collection made available for the public to view. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Shakari. beautiful collection and as you said would be good as one collection open to the public.

I know of some private collections that would be worth a huge amount. Alas, unless you are in the know, you will never get to enjoy them.

There are some lovely cars there. Would be interesting to see a photographic catalogue of them all.

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
It'd have to be a bloody big catalogue huh! LOL

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Think of all the oil dripped on the floor.

And how many would start...1 out of 10? Lucas Electrics, the inventor of darkness! :-)

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I luv you Biebs, I have been there too many times.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, please be more precise. The correct phrase is "Lucas, Prince of Darkness."

Former owner of a V-12 XJS. I know whereof I speak.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My brother did his mechanics apprenticeship on Jags.

He sure appreciated the fuel injected V12's Cool

Funny enough he still liked British sports cars.

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Ahh the old Pos. ground jokes

Sorry, can't take the credit http://www.mez.co.uk/lucas.html

•Not many people know that Land Rovers attempted to market a computer. Why did they stop? They could not find a way to get it to leak oil!
•A Land Rover doesn´t leak oil, it marks it´s territory. Did you hear about the man whose Land Rover didn't leak oil? The factory took it backand worked on it until it did.
•Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night? They all look the same. " - "He replied, "It does not matter which one you use, nothing happens !"
•The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
•Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.
•Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
•Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
•The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.
•The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.
•>Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices
•Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.
•"I have had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never had any trou..."
•If Lucas made guns, wars would not start.
•A friend of mine told everybody he never had any electric problems with his Lucas equipment. Today he lives in the countryside, in a large manor with lots of friendly servants around him an an occasional ice cold shower...
•Back in the 70's, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which did not suck.
•Q: Why do the British drink warm beer? A: Because Lucas makes their refrigerators
•Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.
•Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote