Ferrari $$
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...Britain-auction.html
Beautiful, historic,what a treasure. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting, but the last four or five 250GTO's sold brought between $27 and $32 million dollars in private sales. 35 of the 37 made still exist in private collections, and the owners group meets every five years to race them.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's too bad you can't short GTOs. Roll Eyes

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first Ferrari was a 1963 250 GTE. I paid $2500 for it, and it ran and looked good. This was in 1972 when old Ferraris were any car more than 5 years old. I sold it for a 308 GT4, then bought a 246 Dino. Of course I don't have any of them anymore. My today car is a Lexus and my motorcycle is a BMW R1200RT with 50k miles on it.

Retirement = fewer toys. All my disposable income is going to get me to Zimbabwe for a non-trophy elephant next year.

Posts: 382 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My dream daily driver, would be a 1967 330GTC that would be reliable (key word).

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich,

I agree on the 330... I've always fantasized about a 330 GTS. I finally saw one at a concours two years ago. Broke my heart. No way could I get in that thing. The console is so wide, there's no place to put my legs. It was a lovely thing but, at 6'2", there's just no way.

The old Porsche has plenty of room and I can put Glorya in the passenger seat instead of Guido, the machanic. There's plenty of room in back for all the stuff I take to a match nowdays.

A lot of fantasies are just better off remaining fantasies.

Dick

Dick Wright

Posts: 669 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 27 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dick,

is Glorya still kicking your butt at matches?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, guys, guys. Please rethink this. '66 275GTB4 SWB.

Or, if you want an actual, you know, car, Carrera Turbo S.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
M93,

waaaay too many produced each year.

Personally, I'd kill for an Aventador Roadster...