New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Accurate 150 grain loads?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Those 150 gr accuracy reports come mainly from T/C Encores, Omegas & Black Diamond XRs -- followed by the Knight Disc Elite and Disc Extreme. On occasion, I've witnessed the Remington MLS and Austin-Halleck 420 shoot three pellets well at 100 yards, but more-so on a hit & miss basis -- not more consistent like the T/Cs.

Posts: 138 | Location: Not Tellin' Michigan USA | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now that we have had these magnum ML's for a few years I wonder if anyone has figured out how to get good accuracy at max loads? I have a number of people I personally know (and mostly trust) who have tried a variety of rifles, powders and bullets but have yet to find one that gets even 2.5 MOA with loads much above 100grs. Loads near max are frankly terrible in accuracy. Loads less then 100 are often very good with some combination. 70 -90 grains seems to be the sweet spot for most. One exception to this is a friend of a friend who has a "Ultimate Firearms" gun that I have not personally seen but have from a good source may be the real deal, shooting accurately with 150 grs. and above. It also costs close to $1,500 which I would not pay for a ML. The only other tales of success with max loads have come from people I don�t trust and I�ve never seen them backed up, not to insult anyone.

I wonder if most of you think this is pretty universal observation. If someone has figured out the secret to accurate max loads, what is it? Twist, powder, bullet, sabot? I�m asking for non-custom guns under $500. Thanks

Posts: 967 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 28 November 2003Reply With Quote