ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Wally World $54 special question

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wally World $54 special question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am kind of hard up it this year. I have a wonderful hunting spot, and no blackpowder rifle to hut with, and very little cash to put into a rifle. I have all the fixin's for a .50 cal, i.e. bullets, powder and caps, and here, I see this cheap little Spanish gun at Wally World. Anyone shoot them, and are they even marginally any good?

Thanks.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In years gone by the Spanish muzzleloaders were pretty bad especially the ones that were supposed to be Kentucky/Pennsylavania copies. They had a two piece stock held together with either a brass band or steel rods in the two pieces. They would make fair tent stakes. Other than that I wouldn't even bother. Sorry I don't have better news for you.

Posts: 1361 | Location: congress, az us | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No problem with buying and using a Bobcat. They are not real fancy, but they are functional. At the very worst, it's a cheap experiment. At best, you get a real smokepole for under $60. I've seen some sampes of this rifle shoot very well. maxman

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote