ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Colt (ASM) 3rd Mod. Dragoon Revolver parts

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt (ASM) 3rd Mod. Dragoon Revolver parts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have an Armi San Marco(Italian) repo of the Colt 3rd mod. Dragoon and need a replacement screw set, bolt, and hand. Does anyone know if Uberti (or other) replacement parts will fit the ASM dragoons?

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
They should as the prints for all the dragoons are similar you will have to time it again no matter where you get parts , And timing a pistol takes knowledge that most don't have !

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VTI Gun Parts in Ct. sells all sorts of parts for C&B revolvers including ASM.

They list the 2nd Model Dragoon only:
http://www.vtigunparts.com/sto...SM+2nd+Model+Dragoon

Try contacting them.
Ask and see what they say about interchangability of parts from other mfg'rs,,they may be able to help.

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
This is the place to find parts Deer Creek Products Ph 765-525-6181
6989 E. Michigan Rd
Waldon, IN 46182 , Phone orders Use Visa Card

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Concho42/2152hq...

Thanks for the leads. I phoned VTI and Cimarron a while back and got pretty much the same answers: "don't know", they should/might fit", etc. Deer Creek is a new one to me and I'll give them a call. The main problem, as far as function is concerned, is that the hand spring is "dead" and does not hold the hand against the cylinder ratchet with enough force. I've (successfully) timed a few single actions so if the Uberti hand is not TOO different than ASM's it should (with fitting) work. Thanks again for the help.

Jon