New
Find
Notify
Tools

Omega Vs Revolution
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm new to ML and I am looking at both the TC Omega with the thumbhole stock and the Knight Revolution. Does any one here shoot either one ? Opinions of the two pro and con ???

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
At this point, I'd rather have an Omega .50 of which I have one and have owned another Omega, a .45. The Omega is a known entity. They are accurate and reliable. All the bugs, whatever they were, have been worked out.

I AM a Knight fan BUT lets face the facts. The Revolution seemed to have been rushed to development/production simply to get some Omega buyers. Production was delayed and so was delivery to retailers, several times. The Revolution is more expensive than an Omega and offers no advantages I can think of. I don't know if problems will surface with the Revolution or not. But if you're going to use it for THIS hunting season, I'd pass on the Revolution.

I think you'll be pleased with an Omega. It's a good rifle and probably as good as any out there.

Posts: 169 | Location: Athens, AL | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My rule of thumb is to always pass on a brand spankin' new rifle model for one year -- simply because we're talking about an item that explodes right next to your face.

I own the Omega ... it's the Cat's Meow!

Posts: 138 | Location: Not Tellin' Michigan USA | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What bullets and loads are you guys useing ? I hope to order this week so I definately plan on useing it this season. Where my camp is at ML season seems much better than regular firearms as the deer are moving a lot more as we begin to accumulate a first snow.

posted Hide Post
"What bullets and loads are you guys useing ?"

Hard to beat a T/C 250gr Shockwave. A 200gr Shockwave is another good shooter. Using these you should get really good accuracy and a flat trajectory. I'd start at two Triple Se7en pellets OR 100gr ffg Triple Se7en loose. I usually use 100 to 125gr of 777 ffg loose. Be sure to usse a spit-patch between shots.

Most Omegas will also shoot either a 295gr or 348gr Powerbelt pretty good. They won't fly as flat and will recoil a little harder.

Posts: 169 | Location: Athens, AL | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What bullets and loads are you guys using?

========================================================

I just switched the other day because my Traditions rifle bullets are all used up & the 1-48" twist decided it wanted/liked my Omega bullets best - so to avoid using the same bullet in both rifles (Buffalo S.S.B 285s), I now use the Precision 40/50 180 gr. sabot/bullet in the Omega with 105 gr. 777 FFF loose powder. That baby shoot's em' flat & fast too... (2130fps). Here's the bullet below.

Cabelas (Precision) Extended Range Sabots 180s.

Posts: 138 | Location: Not Tellin' Michigan USA | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I helped a guy zero his Omega about a month ago. He had a very difficult time getting the bullets down the barrel and even more so to fully seat them. Since then I have gotten the Revolution. No problems. Takes apart very easy, too. The second shot out of a clean barrel is much easier to load and seat than on a clean barrel. That's using 777, though. This time next week I hope to have a good field test of it.

Catmandu

Posts: 109 | Location: NE,TN | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think that you could go wrong with the Powerbelts. They are very easy to load. My son killed an 8 point buck last week using the Aero Copper 245 grain bullet. It shot all the way through the deer and lodged under the hide on the opposite hip. Entrance wound was about two inches. We use nothing else any more...

Posts: 43 | Location: redwater, tes | Registered: 08 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok you guys are talking over my head a bit. What are Power belts ? Why are you guys useing loose 777 instead of the pre-measured pucks ? Are they easier, more accurate, more cost effective ??? I got a chance to handle several Omega's today. The thumbhole stock was nice but I really liked the real tree camo and SS combo. I hope to see a revolution soon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can take a look at Power Belts here: http://www.powerbeltbullets.com/

Some guns shoot loose powder better than pellets (pucks )

Posts: 172 | Location: Danville, VA, USA | Registered: 08 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The action release button does not ding up your hand when you shoot. Shooting off of a bench, however, the trigger assembly lever will eat you up if you aren't careful with you grip. You have to hold the rifle firmly. The action releases as soon as the gun goes off. When you lever open the action the plastic jacket pretty much just shoots out unless the gun is dirty. Having not owned an Omega, I have helped a friend with his and feel like I made the best choice when comparing the two.

Catmandu

Posts: 109 | Location: NE,TN | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How did your groups look and what are you loading ??