ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Still dangerous after 236 years....

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Still dangerous after 236 years....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For some reason stories like this always crack me up...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/13/...ue-cannon/index.html

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How was it dangerous? Was someone going to sit on it and shoot a fireball out their ass into the flash hole? Oh yeah, it is a firearm and they have a mind of their own. Surprised it didn't wipe out 50 tourists

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If these dolts knew anything about naval history, they would know, a warship in foreign waters did not sail around with it's cannons unloaded !

Wonder if the Detective quoted in the story carries his duty gun empty when down in the South Bronx.

Cuomo will probably want it registered !

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted Hide Post
So, exactly who silenced brittish cannons in 1776 and where were they silenced? Not in the colonies since the war lasted until 1783 and then there was this little event known as the war of 1812. I wonder if the person making statements for the NY police knew he/she was speaking out loud?

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Posts: 439 | Location: Rosemount, MN | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45otto:
So, exactly who silenced brittish cannons in 1776 and where were they silenced?

It the revisionist history being taught now.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Oh Crap! Wait until Bloomberg hears about THIS!!!

Regards,
hm

2 Chronicles 7:14:
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Posts: 903 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote