Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use a Scope
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
on their muzzeloader?
I have a Burris Scout XER 1X20 scope coming.
Was curious if anyone had any experience with this scope or something similar? Have heard good and bad depending on the particualar hunting condition.

Posts: 135 | Location: N.D | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of scopes on a bunch of muzzleloaders!

I've never used any 1X scopes though. Any reason WHY the 1X? Game laws?

The Burris 1X is probably as good as any other 1X.

Posts: 169 | Location: Athens, AL | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I owned a Burris 2.75x scout scope that was excellent in quality. I had it on a savage 99, which I am now shooting with open sights. The scout scopes are great for getting on target very quickly. I shot mine with both eyes open, enabling me to see the animal around the scope. You may have to have your rifle drilled on the barrel to mount the scope, and modify the mounts to fit. Burris makes a mount that fits most rifles, but my gunsmith had to mill it to fit my particular firearm. Best of luck, and enjoy.

Posts: 16 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Im fortunate in having a Encore 209x50 so was able to order bases and rings under encore match listing.
N.D. limits loader to 1x scope however legal shooting is allowed one half hour after sunset.Cant shoot it if you can't see it but sounds like scope may carry enough light to make it possible for shots later in eve. Your post sound hopeful.My first year out----Should be fun.!!
plainsdrifter

Posts: 135 | Location: N.D | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote