New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blackhorn 209
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone else here shoot it. I love this stuff in my ProHunter.

sjadventures@cableone.net

one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried BH209 last year and will never use anything else. I have an Encore 205x20 rifle and a 15 inch 209x50 Encore pistol barrel and use BH209 in both. Use to shoot T7 pellets and hated the crud ring. The first time I tried BH209 I fire 25 round without cleaning!

Posts: 104 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How would you compare it to 777?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Come on Rich, you and I debated for a year over this.....you don't shoot 777

Your a purist not a modern M/L'r

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
chalk it up to idle curiosity.

All of my MLer's are flintlock. Fusil de Chasse and a TVM early Lancaster.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BH209 is all I will use in any of my muzzleloaders that are compatible. Good example...Last year I shot 3 hogs in the Florida swamps with my ML and BH209. I did not have time to clean it for the next six weeks. After the usual cleaning, NO PROBLEMS! Just as clean and shiney as when I loaded it in the first place. Try that with T7...NOT. And no crud ring, and no "special" primers required.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote