ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Classic looking inline muzzle loader?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic looking inline muzzle loader?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for a rifle that has a classic old gun look like perhaps a Remington rolling block or a sharps 1874 or even an 1885 pattern rifle stocked in wood and classy looking. But it needs to be an inline style ignition muzzle loader.

Pedrosolli introduced a rifle called the hybrid in their catalog it was an 1874 sharps rifle but done in a muzzle loader. Unfortunately it never made it to this country.

Does anybody know if what I am looking for exists?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check with Doc White at www.whitemuzzleloading.com... he does that sort of thing reasonably often. As a matter of fact, right now he has a pistol on his website that looks for all the world like an original percussion gun, but is set up like the White MZ rifles.

Additionally, his email address is at the bottom of the page, I believe. You may be able to contact him that way...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Surestrike, try Dixie Gun Works. Also, Pedersoli makes/made (?) an in-line that looked like a Rolling Block. Cabella's used to sell them, and they periodically show up used for around $300. Google "Cabella rolling block muzzleloader."

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Most any single shot can easily be made into a ML, and I have made several on Mauser actions. They shoot Ruger #1s in slug gun matches at Friendship national matches. Muzzle loaders.

Posts: 17134 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

Very helpful.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just an " FYI ":

I picked up the " Pedersoli Rolling Block , 50. Cal Muzzleloader " from Cabelas a few years ago ..( 10 ?), which they no longer offer.

http://www.davide-pedersoli.co...l-rolling-block.html

I made a few upgrades: Front: Globe Sights / Rear: Adjustable Lyman Aperture Sights.

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How does that rifle shoot PAPI? I am actually looking to buy one as I write this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own two " Blackpowder Rifles ":Thompson Center .50 cal /Pedersoli Rolling Block , 50. Cal Muzzleloader ".

The " Rolling Block " is a Inline design , which provides for better consistent ignition. The Barrel is permanently attached to the action, which should provide for a " Strong Action ", to duplicate some " Blackpowder 50 / 90 Cartridegs " loadings info ( With Caution, Cast Receiver ).

I added a front globe sight ( With Inserts ) & Adjustable Aperture Rear Sights to improve aiming ( My Eyesight is going, & I prefer the flexiability of the sight inserts ).

It shoots better than my " Hawkins " with my current set-up. Sorry, I don't any have photo of my past range testing ( I didn't have a Digital Camera ).

I haven't fired it in a few years, as my current Range has a standing Restriction on " Muzzleloaders ", due to a past fire incident.

Ps: I bought the below Brass scope years ago from Navy Arms,and was going to mount it on the Rolling block, but never got around to it.

I think Dixie Gun Works, offers a very similar Scope.

EDIT: EP0006 Brass Tube Telescopic Sight 18 1/2"
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/p...php?products_id=4040

Hope that helps.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a really nice " Muzzeloader " with some very unique features. It's not a newer " Inline design " per say, but the nipples lay directly below the powder chamber. It's made in several different calibers,including a " .50 Caliber ".

I really like the look/lines of this " Underhammer Faeton ".

http://rjrenner.blogspot.com/
THE THINKING MAN'S RIFLE
" .....
Faeton's™ breechplug, as seen in the diagram above, brings barrel and receiver into tight union allowing placement of the nipple directly into the breechplug thus reducing ignition time while also forming an enclosed nipple pocket thus protecting from cap shrapnel.

Further, the bottom-mounted nipple is granted greater Protection from inclement weather and greatly reduces the possibility of the percussion cap being inadvertently displaced by passage through brush. Both features being much touted by proponents of the more recent "in-line" designs.

.50 Calibre
Within the last two decades there has been tremendous development of muzzleloading rifles which shoot sub-caliber bullets enveloped in plastic sabots. We have experimented with this concept, too, and we are pleased to offer our .50 Faeton™ . Our .50-calibre barrel is bored to .500" with .005" deep rifling having a twist ratio of 1:28 to accurately stabilize the sabot-based bullets.

Additionally, for those who prefer the .50 calibre platform but wish to shoot heavier bullets for really large game, the .500" diameter bore is designed to accept bore diameter bullets (.500") for ease of loading and fine accuracy with hunting loads of black rifle powder. So loaded, the .50 Faeton will easily duplicate the performance of such famous and successful hunting cartridges such as the .50-70 Government, the .50-90 and the .50-100 Sharps.

And for small game hunting or just fun plinking, the .50 Faeton™ provides wonderful accuracy with light charges of blackpowder and the traditional patched round ball...."