ACCURATERELOADING.COM BLACK POWDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Black Powder    Lyman 50 Cal Stainless Deerstalker

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lyman 50 Cal Stainless Deerstalker
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well I walked into the shop in Pietersburg and the guys had one of these on display. I didn't mess around, I bought it on the spot.

First impressions (not having shot it yet) Nice balance, not too heavy, sturdily made. Fitting are all S/S, which should be useful for cleaning. The trigger is excellent - I snapped it on an old primer. Sights are good but not as adjustable as I'd like. (I'll get the tang sight, most likely)

Good wood on the stock, nothing fancy, no checkering. It has sling swivels and a functional recoil pad.

Having blown my Xmas budget I don't have anything left for bullets, powder or nipples ar any of the other fancy things that have to go with it! I am working on it tho'.

Next move is to sight it in and then go and klap an impala with it.

Cheers

pete

Posts: 541 | Location: Mokopane, Limpopo Province, South Africa | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you made a very good choice Pete. Glad you found a quality rifle.

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote