THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Anyone familiar with the EAA Singleshot ?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone familiar with the EAA Singleshot ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was browsing there web site and the EAA IZH18MH Looks to me to be a little more [resentable than the NEF rifles. I would kind of like an inexpensive but usefull knock around gun or the truck. I was thinking this may be the choice. Any thoughts pro or con?

Thanks in advance guys

Posts: 231 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tom,

I saw on another site where they have them in their catalog, but they haven't actually started importing them yet.

Posts: 151 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Paul, Guess I should look closer at the NEF's

Posts: 231 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think they are just a Baikal. The O/U combo guns are fairly easy to find if you just want to get a feel for the quality. I've seen a couple of the SS rifles under the Baikal brand name but they are pretty scarce.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What calibers does it come in? I haven't seen one yet so don't know much about it myself. Is it like a stalking rifle, light weight etc?
Roadtrash

Posts: 118 | Location: Tonopah, AZ, USA | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw my first Baikal single-shot on the range this weekend in 30/06. Owner was pretty happy with it and stated that it was an accurate firearm after they sorted out the approx. 10lb trigger pull. Firearm can be broken down like a shotgun which is handy. Rifle was pretty light and the wood was ordinary Baikal quality as was the receiver which looked a matte black. Interesting thing was the barrel which was really nicely blued and had an external "twist" finish. I think Steyr or Mannlicher use a similiar finish? Got me thinking about one as it was certainly nicer than the H&R's I've had a look at.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote