Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser K95
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted
Where can I find some information on the Blaser K95? What are the thoughts of the forum on this? Good? Bad? Ick blech [Mad] ? Does anyone make a single shot in a 9.3x74?

Thanks

Jim

[ 02-07-2003, 09:32: Message edited by: JBoutfishn ]

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Verrry good and most accurate, the only drawback being cost... The 9,3x74R comes as a factory chambering too (if you go with this caliber in so light a rifle, take both options of Mag-Na-Port and KickStop, 'cause recoil might be... interesting). Here's the website :

http://www.blaser.de/english/produkte/k95/techcal.htm

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine is very accurate, beautifull little rifle. In my opinion its the best single shot you can get. I have a 7RM barrel in standard weight (2,4 kg, rifle without scope) and the kick is not bad at all. If you hate barrel-light rifles it may not be your thing, but for me the balance is right and its very comfortable to carry in the field. And its got an excellent scope mount. I use mine for 90% of my hunting.
Tron

Posts: 210 | Location: Oslo, Norway | Registered: 04 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine was bought used in 6,5x57 R and is a real pleasure to carry and to shoot, especially with a light scope like a 6x42 mm. Precision couldn�t be better.
What I like in general terms about Blaser rifles and combination guns is their triggers (very nicely adjusted but without that unsafe setting system) and the manual cocking device. For me the safest way to carry a gun after carrying unloaded and no noise at all, unlike many manual safeties.
Regards, D.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
They are certainly beautiful. Saw one at the Sportsman's Show in Harrisburg PA last Feb. Wish I could afford one...... [Big Grin]

<DWLshooter>
posted
I was wondering, what is a good price for a K95? I noticed there are a lot of options you can get from the factory, how do these effect the price?

Thanks
DWLSHOOTER

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DWLshooter:
I was wondering, what is a good price for a K95? I noticed there are a lot of options you can get from the factory, how do these effect the price?

Thanks
DWLSHOOTER

Gunsamerica

Seems new ones are going for $2800 to $3000. There weren't any used ones in GA.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DWLshooter:

Thanks
DWLSHOOTER

Before you order e mail the info contact given on the website. Blaser seem to do quite a lot of one off work and are willing to tailor things at either a reasonable cost or no extra charge.

I am about to order (police willing) a 6.5x57r with factory custom 25.6 inch barrel for an extra �200. Seeing as the rifle is so short and handy the extra 1.5" won't be a penalty and should assist in steadying such a light rifle. Also despite the fact it is carried uncocked I hate having rifles that are significantly below the top of my head when I carry them slung. [Eek!]

Depending on how I like it I may order a 222 barrel for it.

From April-October (but not this April [Frown] ) it will be my roe buck rifle. Now where can I get a felt hat?

Herr 1894

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote