THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Throat length in #1 30-06 & 7mm Mag

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Throat length in #1 30-06 & 7mm Mag
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted
I was wondering how long Ruger makes the free-bore in thier No 1 30-06's & 7mm Rem Mags. My No 1-H 416 Rem Mag will accept a 350 gr. Speer Mag-Tip out to 3.840", where it touches the rifling.

How long of a OAL will these take when a spitzer bullet is up all the way against the rifling??

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I have a 1B in 7mm Rem. Mag. It doesn't have any freebore at all. It appears throated for factory-length ammo. I have a 1A in 7X57. It has such a long throat that I can seat the Nosler Ballistic Tip 150-grain bullet just 0.28" deep, and it is still not touching the lands!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have found that no 2 rifles from the same company are the same. I had 2 Remington 22-250s one was tight chamber with longgggggggggg freebore and I mean longggggg freebore and the other was lose chamber and little to NO freebore. Found out the hard way on the no freebore. You need to treat each rifle as a one-of-a-kind. My 2 cents.

Posts: 110 | Location: Southwest Utah | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
southern utah is right! All rifles are individuals! That's why max. in one is not max. in the next, and is OVER max. in the next one!!