New
Find
Notify
Tools

NAVY ARMS ROLLING BLOCK ACTION
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone ever used one of the Navy Arms repro of the Remington Rolling Block for a custom rifle.

Also does anyone know if the Remington RB stocks Brownell's has will work with these?

Thnks for the input
HBB

[ 01-01-2003, 22:12: Message edited by: hillbillybear ]

Posts: 376 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Had Virgin Valley Custom Guns put a reasonably heavy 28" 45-70 barrel on it with a forend from them and have enjoyed it ever since. First rate quality work, bluing is better than on most factory rifles I have seen, accuracy is quite exceptional with 405 gr. bullets and 28 gr. of XMP 5744. Don't know about the Remington stocks fitting but the Tech's at Brownells should be able to tell you. Good luck with yours.

Steve E........

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HHB
I have an original RB action fitted with a new 40-65 Badger barrel and all new wood. It also has a montana vintage arms tang rear sight ($500)
and a Parsons 6X 32" scope. Have bullet moolds and brass. I am interested in a BR rifle or $2000.00
Rich [Cool]

Posts: 139 | Location: Powell WY | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bulit one in 45-70 .got stock from treebone,same copany brownell's list but different size. the orginal will not fit navy arms.

Posts: 43 | Location: s/e ga. | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote