Find
Notify
Tools

Rem RB 357 Maximum
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gents,
Please indulge me while I practice posting pics....
TIA
 -
....45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, you've got the salivary glands going, details, please!

Posts: 432 | Location: Baytown, TX | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
This appears to be a full size RB, not the smaller import that Navy Arms brought in back in the 80s-90s.

How long is that barrel? Like the post before me said . . . give us some details, rifle and performance.

The MAX is a very much underated cartridge and had the gunzine writers not killed it, I feel would be used many different ways today!

Stepping down off of my soapbox [Smile]

LouisB

[ 08-09-2003, 16:21: Message edited by: TCLouis ]

Posts: 4232 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Ok, that lil rifle is TOO COOL!! [Big Grin]

Who built that puppy for ya?

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gents,
Thanks for the looks and all.
This rifle was built early last year from a 1871
Militia Rifle that I bought from a guy on ebay,no the rifle wasn't up for auction but a Weaver scope was and we got to talking guns.
One thing lead to another and he offered up an action only,he told me right up front that the barrel and stocks were in very bad shape. He was right. I recieved it and directed my 'smith to make something fun. He had the barrel lyin' in a box from someone elses project gone awol. I had him install the Lyman #17 globe front sight and called up Dixie gun works for the tang myself.
A new matte blue and hogging out of the wood that was supplied and I had a not so trim carbine in 357 Max. A mere 19" between the hammer and the muzzle and yes it is very muzzle heavy. Best shooting has been 1 inch @ 100 yards using Nosler 150gr and 25gr 296,though most of the ammunition this rifle has fired has been cast loads. I like my rifles to be unique and do believe that this 'lil Remington is one no-one else would have thought of. The rifle was in no condition to be considered a collector and I merely made a canvas sack out of a ugly wall hanger. There are more toys around here and as I get more pics taken I will indulge my vanity and share them with you. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
Now you've got me thinking. I have been wanting to do a 357 max project with a barrel for my NEF but would like something a little different.... What considerations should I make when looking for a project gun?

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For those who might have missed it last time around here's a couple pics of my .357 Max project. Still a work in progress, so to speak.
 -
 -

Posts: 432 | Location: Baytown, TX | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I have always thought that a 357max in a short rifle would be a fun gun! Give us some details on that Pedestal.

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote