New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mosssberg
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone here have a Mossberg single shot? I am interested in one for a compact take-down travel gun or spare on trips. I like the idea of the shotgun barrel option.
I'd be interested in hearing any pros or cons from someone who has actually used one a bit.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Look at the Handi Rifle, Half the price, more barrels, open sights(if you want) Plus they still make it.
Cons: you have to send it back for new barrels, wood could be better

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I have a Mossberg SSI1 in 30-06 and a 12 Ga Rifled Slug barrel. This is just my opinion and they are like a@@&=*es, everybody has one. Now that has been said I really like my SSI, it shoots about a 1 1/2 inch average group in the 06, 12 Sabot Slugs usually run around 2 1/2 to 3 inch at 100 yds. The only thing I don't like about it is it is heavy for a single shot. Trigger is very nice after I worked it over. It usually comes from the factory pretty heavy. I would say if you want a truly light and portable packing gun go with a T/C G2 or the older Contender. You have the choice of going as a rifle or a pistol and can change to the other when ever you want. Barrels available everywhere and caliber choice is almost unlimited within reason and design safeguards. For the higher pressure rounds you could go with the T/C Encore and also use it in a rifle or pistol also. And best thing of all you don't have to send them back to the factory to accept new barrels. The Handi's are great but you have a much greater selection of barrels both new and used as well as custom barrel makers with the T/C G2/Contender and Encore. And yes I have 2 Encore's,4 Contenders, 2 Handi Rifles and 2 SSI1's . No G2's as yet but that will soon be rectified. Thanks for listening, bottom line, listen to what everybody has to say and then go buy what you want.

Steve E.......

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote