New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger #1 trriggers?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone make aftermkt triggers for these rifles besides Kepplinger & Moyers? The kepps are prtty pricey & Moyers is so far behind, I can't seem to find one. Hard to keep up with all the stuff available these days and some of you guys may have run across an alternative??

"You can lead a horticulture, ... but you can't make 'er think" Florida Gardener

Posts: 808 | Location: N. FL | Registered: 21 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
brayhaven.
I found the sear seat on the hammer pretty rough.When you remove all the machine marks and get that seat supper smooth you end up with pretty good trigger.

I honed mine to about 30oz and I am very happy with it. The older models have a sear adjustment screw inside the action that allows you reduce the sear engagement.

Fred M.
zermel@shaw.ca

Posts: 465 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZERMEL:
brayhaven.
I found the sear seat on the hammer pretty rough.When you remove all the machine marks and get that seat supper smooth you end up with pretty good trigger.

I honed mine to about 30oz and I am very happy with it. The older models have a sear adjustment screw inside the action that allows you reduce the sear engagement.

Thanks Zermel. The Moyers trigger seems to just be a copy of the very early trigggers with the adjustable engagement. I was thinking of welding up a block on the one I have with a set screw for that purpose. I haven't used the Moyers trigger but folks seem satified (if not ecsatic Red Face) with them. They are just behind so far in orders, it might be better to just go the way you did or modify this one for adjustment.

"You can lead a horticulture, ... but you can't make 'er think" Florida Gardener

Posts: 808 | Location: N. FL | Registered: 21 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZERMEL:
brayhaven.

The Keppliger in non set mode rubs the sear.
I polished the sear.
The non set trigger force was about 1.5 pounds.
The set trigger force was less than 1 pound.
I did not use the set feature much.
I think I could make a trigger than rubbed on the sear. I would have to drill a hole in a piece of steel to make the new triggerSmiler

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just had a Canjar put on my rifle. Like you, I wanted a Kepplinger but could not find one.
The unset weight is just over #3 and set it is less than 6oz

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 901 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote