THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    JP Howitzer/Sherman Tank Muzzle Brake

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JP Howitzer/Sherman Tank Muzzle Brake
 Login/Join

<Dalton>
posted
I am getting ready to order a 338-06 Encore barrel for hunting elk, moose, and maybe even a bear or two. This barrel will also be used for having some fun at the range. I would like to have a muzzle brake put on and need some advice.

Does the Howitzer muzzle brake really eliminate almost all recoil? Are there any drawbacks to using one at the range or in the field?

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dalton, the JP brake is the most efficient brake I have ever used on any of my hunting or competition handguns. I have tried most of them at one time or another. But there is only one word for what happens with noise and concussion on either side of that JP brake when the trigger lets go on my 250 Ackley XP100. FIERCE!!!!

Posts: 185 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
<MePlat>
posted
Go SSK. The Arrestor Brake is very good. One does not need a super duper monstrosity for a cartridge as the 338-06. There are 30 holes in the Arrestor and it works. Try it and I think you will like it.