New
Find
Notify
Tools

Falling Blocks Works???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I saw a falling blocks works action built into a 218 Bee. Could someone give me some information, both pros and cons of these actions? Also, does someone know what one of these actions would bring right now?

Thanks,

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I contacted them early last year and had them send me info and prices, the receivers alone start about $375
up to about $500. I have a freind that bought a couple and the only thing I donot like about them is that
when they polish the action to blue they tend to wash out the screw and pin holes and he had one action that
had flaws in it, I told him to send it back and complain and ask for another one without the flaws and I am
talking noticable ones too.

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Pederolsi sell actions that are made for smokless and all parts they don'r wash out holes ! someone used a buffer to polish those holes !

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
eabco.com has one model, quite small, but for pistol cartridges a cute little rifle. Luck.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help.

I would like to know what people think of the falling blocks works action.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Good friend and good gunsmith is currently building on a Falling Block Works action in 45/70 Gov't caliber. I was not aware that the firm was still in business?? He acquired his some 30 plus years ago and from our inspection, his expertise, not mine, he judges it as well done and very simple in construction and should have it completed in a couple months. Did a search on the net and came up with some data for him and if memory serves me correctly, they made/make? two or three different sizes for different calibers. When it is completed will see if I can post some photos of it. He plans on having D. Turnbull do CCH work and it should be very nice indeed when you see the Exhibition Grade Walnut stock. I am as anxious as he is to have it finished!!

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a falling Block Works .It is a good action .I would be willing to sell it if somebody wants it

one of us
posted Hide Post
Check assra.com forums and do a search for falling block works, there is quite a bit there.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
actually, four separate sizes. Well made, but failed to compete with the #1. The old Wickliffe 76 actions are still available in semi-finished kit form for $425 fro Tom Ondrus. We have fit and chambered a 475 Gibbs (aka Royale) barrel to one of mine and test fired it. Hammer time! My gunsmith in Boise has built half a dozen in the last year or so.

Rich
Buff Killer
Buff Killer4

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote