THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    6.5x55 Encore barrel w/ VVCG wood for sale

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x55 Encore barrel w/ VVCG wood for sale
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted
This is a Thompson Center factory Encore barrel in 24" length with the sporter taper. The finish is blue. This was a limited run caliber.

Included will be a black walnut forend from Virgin Valley Custom Guns with sling swivel stud installed.

When using this forend and a Bellm oversized hinge pin, I have fired many sub-MOA groups with this barrel and have harvested more than my share of game with it. It's favored loads and the 2 I have used almost exclusively for some time now: 46 grains Re-22, Lapua brass, Fed 210 and either the Hornady 140 grain SP or 140 grain SST. The lead-tipped version develops just over 2700 fps while the SST breaks over the screens at a little more than 2800 fps. Three-shot, two-hundred groups of an inch to inch-and-a-quarter are the norm -- and on good days, they sometimes break the one-inch mark. (But you need a Bellm pin to do this consistently...)

The barrel has a few minor handling marks but nothing serious. A Weaver base was put on it the first day I got the barrel and remains on it today. The rifling is still strong, and there's lots of shooting left in this little Swede barrel.

$210 shipped in the USA; insurance extra (@ cost) if desired. Money orders or cashier's checks preferred; personal checks OK but may be held to clear.

For quickest response, please e-mail me at btomek@gvec.net

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
price reduced to $200 shipped...

Posts: 9336 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
sold pending receipt of funds...thanks