Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger # 1 factory rings ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BoCash3
posted
Am I safe in saying that my # 1 in both .257 and .223 both came with Medium factory Ruger rings?

If so, I am going to replace the rear ring of both with rings taken from a pair of "offset rings." I can purchase a pair of "Double Offset Rings" from the factory and use one on the rear of each rifle. The rings that came on each rifle worked fine for my Nikon Buckmaster
4.5 - 14 x 40 scopes, except the scopes are too far forward.

Many thanks in advance. "Bo"

Thank goodness my grandfather put me in the woods as a child !

www.TableRockAngler.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 20 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BoCash3:
Am I safe in saying that my # 1 in both .257 and .223 both came with Medium factory Ruger rings?

If so, I am going to replace the rear ring of both with rings taken from a pair of "offset rings." I can purchase a pair of "Double Offset Rings" from the factory and use one on the rear of each rifle. The rings that came on each rifle worked fine for my Nikon Buckmaster
4.5 - 14 x 40 scopes, except the scopes are too far forward.

Many thanks in advance. "Bo"
Bo, you didn't say which model you have, but my recollection is that scope rings were standard with the ones that DID NOT have any iron sights, but not with the ones that had irons.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BoCash3
posted Hide Post
Thanks ED,

They were both 1-B models, without sights and with rings.

Thank goodness my grandfather put me in the woods as a child !

www.TableRockAngler.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 20 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks ED,

They'll come with medium rings. Rings are also included with the Vs, and the RSIs. I don't know about the other models but i thought rings came with all No 1s.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MickinColo:
quote:
Thanks ED,

They'll come with medium rings. Rings are also included with the Vs, and the RSIs. I don't know about the other models but i thought rings came with all No 1s.

When I bought my 1V .25/'06, it came w/o bases or rings, and that was a NIB Liberty Model in 1976. I had to buy both separately. Perhaps Ruger's practice of furnishing rings or not has changed over the years.....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
El Deguello,

I bought my first No1 that year too. A 7mm Rem Mag in a 1B. It came with rings. It’s interesting that Ruger may have cheated on custom ordered No 1s.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote