THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Question on Ruger buttstock bolt hole...

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on Ruger buttstock bolt hole...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just got a fancy new stock from Great American Gunstock company. The wood looks good and it will require little work for fitting and finishing --- EXCEPT ---

The hole for the buttstock bolt was drilled wrong. It is correct at the rear. It is correct side to side at the front. However, it is offcenter top to bottom at the front by between 1/8" and 3/16".

I could take a round file and elongate the hole at the front, but should I? I don't know how important this is. I would rather not return it unless it is unusable.

What do you think? Is this a real problem or just an irritant?

Posts: 212 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
a good stockmaker will plug the incorrect hole with a glued in dowel then properly redrill it.

and at no charge.

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HARRY, a good stock making company would plug the hole with a glued in dowel and redrill it in the correct location.

and at no charge to you.

but if their master pattern is wrong, what will prevent them from repeating their mistake ?

why not call them monday to see what they recommend.... and what they will do for you.

GOOD LUCK

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote