Notify
Tools

Winchester Highwall 50
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Can anyone tell me how much a winchester highwalll
I believe the caliber is 50/140...I was told it has a real good push...Any idea its worth???

Thanks
Mike

Freedom is Not Free

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The action alone in good condition is worth about $600-$700.If the rifle is an origanal in that chambering,and is in any sort of decent condition,it's value is in the thousands.Be sure to have a knowledgeable Winchester expert check it over and appraise it for you.

Brian.

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian M:
The action alone in good condition is worth about $600-$700. Brian.

Brian, I'll buy all the $600-700 actions you find in good working order.

Brent
brentd@iastate.edu

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Hi fellas...This gentleman I met at the rifle range collects Winchesters and was telling me about his rifles..Said I amay like the highwall and he may sell it...He also has a veryfancy 1873 if I am right with the year has seven express sights on it and he told me it is one of seven...Has a hefty price tag...

Mike

Freedom is not Free

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A nice original Win. Hiwall in 50-140 is worth a "minimum" of $4500 in good condition..Be sure it is a thick side action....

Posts: 41894 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote