New
Find
Notify
Tools

Instant headache??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I see in the new American Rifleman where TC will be offering .375 H&H barrels for the Encore. Sounds like fun, but I think I'll load mine down A LOT!!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 220gr. Hornady and the 235 Speer do an excellent job on deer at around 2500fps. Recoil not bad. I use IMR 3031 because I have a lot of it on hand.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you shooting those out of an Encore?

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Regarding dowloading the .375 H&H with 220 and 235 grain bullets in an Encore rifle - Now if one already has the dies and stuff necessary to load the .375 H&H and one wants a relatively lightweight large bore slammer of medium sized ungulates, then I can see the point. Now I'm honestly not trying to be contrary for the sake of being contrary, but if one did not already load for the .375 H&H wouldn't you just be better off with a .375 Winchester?

Oops, unless, of course, one DESIRES to fire full power loads and get the bejabbers kicked out of them. Then have it at! [Smile]

[ 03-01-2003, 00:49: Message edited by: Jim in Idaho ]

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

It's the cool factor. Just think of somebody watching you load it? Sort of like loading a 16" gun on the Missouri.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I need one of those. But I would cut the dang muzzle Tamer off of it. Sean

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote