New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hepburn Creedmore info?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for info on the Remington Hepburn Long Range Creedmore. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Posts: 402 | Location: Hurricane Central, FL | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tanker:

Are you looking for historical information or physical? There is information on the Hepburn in DeHass' books, Grants books, "The Breech Loading Single Shot Rife" by Roberts/ Waters and a number of others.

Glenn

Posts: 254 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for anything pertaining to descriptions, options and numbers produced in addition to that provided in Flaydermans. Thanks.

Posts: 402 | Location: Hurricane Central, FL | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out Grant's first book on Singleshot rifles. Apparently there was a military version of the Creedmore Heppie. 44 2 6/10ths

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a musket version but this is the standard long range Creedmore version listed in Flaydermans. Mine only differs from the photo in that it has a single trigger and does have the rear sight mount on the butt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This one is also a 44 2 6/10ths.

one of us
posted Hide Post
there has been a discussion of brass for this somewhere recently. .45 basic was suggested, but .45-100 from a number of different sources would be cheaper and easier.

Slug the bore and measure the land diameter, and we can help you formulate a load for paper patched bullets, etc.

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote