THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Well its here , But will it shoot !!!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well its here , But will it shoot !!!
 Login/Join

<QUARTERBORE>
posted
Well my first NO.1 is here. I'm about half way through the break in shooting. I will admit the NO.1 feels good in my hands but I'm hearing a lot of stories that they just don't shoot. What can I expect out of it? I know SAVAGE99 said something about a washer under the forearm but I'm not real shure what he's talking about. Will it shoot M.O.A. or is that not practical for a NO.1?? [Confused]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quarterbore,

my #1B in .25-06 required some tweaking to get it shooting well.

There is a tang inside the forend that runs under the barrel. My gunsmith drilled and tapped a vertical hole in that tang and installed a set screw snug against the bottom of the barrel.

That + a trigger job got me shooting this gun into 5/8" consistently.

Hope this helps, I've been happy with mine for 16+ years.

Mike

Posts: 199 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 15 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shoot it first before worrying about anything else. Most of my No. 1 are in big bore calibers with a heavy barrel and they were decent shooters out of the factory box. Keep us posted. Thanks.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I agree with Mingo. My first No. 1B, a 7mm Rem. Mag, shot 1" groups @ 200 yards, and still does, right out of the box. My worst No.1 accuracy-wise is a 1A 7X57, and although it sometimes has shot 1" @ 100, more often will only do 1.25" groups. But since it is a deer rifle, I haven't worried too much about it!

[ 02-27-2003, 17:59: Message edited by: eldeguello ]