THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    recommendations on barrel for encore

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

recommendations on barrel for encore
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
bullberry uses wilson barrels and VVAC uses shilen barrels. which would you chose and why? btw, the barrel will be a 24" 6.5-.284.

Posts: 211 | Location: MT | Registered: 24 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
Last winter I got a SS Tactical 20 barrel from VVCG. Since it was my first custom
rifle "anything", I had to go off the advice of others. I was told:

1. You will get your barrel much faster from VVCG than Bullberry.

2. Shilen barrels are:

a. Better
b. About the same
c. Not quite as good

as the Wilson barrels. [Confused]

3. Either way, I would also have to get a different forearm.

Steve Stratton at VVCG told me it would take right at 60 days. It did. He said the
barrel, even for a break, was guaranteed MOA -- my best group was just over 1/8".
Most, after load development, are around 1/4". Am I tickled pink with my decision?
Damn betcha!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

WARNING: Once you go the custom route with VVCG and compare their barrel
to your existing T/C barrel, you may not ever want another T/C product for your
Encore again!!!

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
Having owned barrels from both, I would recommend VVG. I also have a barrel from Van Horn, and it is super accurate.

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I also have a Van Horn barrel(7mmTCU) that is super accurate. Have a VVCG barrel that is very accurate and a Bullberry barrel that is so accurate is is almost scary. Also have 2 Encore factory barrels that you couldn't hit the side of a barn if you were standing inside it.

Steve E.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote